Claims Manager Insurance, Full Time or Part Time
Specialty Lines CH & International
For other companies, it's merely lip service. For us, it is a guiding principle: &Go. It stands for the trust we place in our employees and their abilities. Because we believe that shared success is only possible when everyone is given the scope they need to let their talents unfold in the best possible way. The best way not only for your personal development, but for the development of the company as a whole. We look forward to receiving your application.
We are looking to recruit a claims manager into our Engineering, Large and Special Risks (ELS) claims team. Are you a qualified Lawyer or Accountant, interested in developing a career in large and complex international property insurance claims? A knowledge of insurance claims management is not essential, but a desire to learn is. You would be expected to develop your insurance claims knowledge using internal and external training resources.
- Management of industrial property and engineering claims from notification through to closure.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of new claims and updates to existing claims.
- Maintain overview of claims development and referral to senior management when appropriate.
- Ensure claims are properly investigated and recorded, including instructing external legal and technical experts where appropriate.
- Advocate on behalf of Helvetia at claims meetings.
- Determine correct liability in accordance with the insurance contract and authorize payment of claim.
- Defend Helvetia's decision on liability with internal and external partners.
- Communicate with Underwriting department on progress and outcome of claim and recommendations for future contracts.
- Level of employment: 80% - 100%.
- Post-qualification experience in Law or Accountancy.
- Excellent spoken and written English and good spoken and written German. Any other European languages would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, etc.
- Logical thinker, inquisitive, patient, self-reliant.
- Knowledge of industrial property or engineering claims management is an asset.
- Proven track record in Project Management preferred.
What we offer
Take the first step now by applying online. We only consider direct applications and kindly ask recruiting agencies not to send us candidates.
For this position we cannot consider applications through recruitment agencies.
Do you already know your future boss?
Head of Claims, Engineering Large and Speciality Risks
Working at Helvetia
At Helvetia we look for people with distinctive strengths and weaknesses – genuine personalities with a bold, wholehearted approach who will not be deterred by the odd headwind. After all, it's only by trying out new ideas and learning from them that we can move forward both as individuals and as a company. We place this confidence in all our employees and this is precisely what makes working for Helvetia so special. Our take on this: &Go.Find out more
Working for Helvetia means: &Go.
You'll work here
What distinguishes us
Helvetia's occupational health management fit@helvetia is committed to the health and satisfaction of its employees. Helvetia was awarded the "Friendly Work Space" label for this commitment in December 2016.
What employees and applicants say about us
Top-100 Employer 2018
Helvetia remains one of the top 100 employers in Switzerland. Universum surveyed 11,000 students from the 70 leading universities.
«We pay fair»-award
Helvetia's wages as at 31 December 2017 appear to comply with the principle of "equal pay for work of equal value" enshrined in the Federal Constitution.