(Junior) Cyber Defense Engineer (f/m/d) Part-time/Full-time
Corporate Security Services
Innovative, highly trained and always on the lookout for creative solutions. That is what working in IT at Helvetia is all about. A steady stream of new challenges awaits those who are technically gifted and like taking on responsibility in a team setting. We look forward to receiving your application – &Go.
- Together with the Cyber Defense Analysts, you identify, manage, design and implement risk-based cyber defense detection use cases for critical cyber threats
- As part of the cyber defense data collection service, you are in charge of the risk-based collection of security signals for cyber defense purposes
- You manage the external service partner for the basic operation of the SIEM/Splunk environment and you coordinate and handle service orders for your services
- You create, improve and document practicable organisational and technical concepts/processes for cyber defense data collection, cyber defense detection use cases and the underlying SIEM platform
- You enable internal customers to independently use the overarching Splunk platform
- This position can be filled with a workload of 50-100% and is also available on a job-sharing basis
- A degree in computer science or other quantitative field or comparable training/professional experience
- Knowledge of cyber defense engineering (e.g. use case development, operation of Splunk).
- You know what makes hackers think and how to make their activities visible in the IT landscape (esp. AWS/Azure)
- You enjoy and find it easy to communicate and cooperate with IT departments, information security and external service partners on a daily basis
- You have an independent and structured way of working with a high level of personal responsibility, as well as a quick grasp and analytical and conceptual thinking
- Very good written and spoken English skills; German skills are an advantage
What we offer
(+41) 58 280 1194
Take the first step now by applying online. We only consider direct applications and kindly ask recruiting agencies not to send us candidates.
For this position we cannot consider applications through recruitment agencies.
Do you already know your future boss?
Head of Cyber Defense Center
Working at Helvetia
At Helvetia we look for people with distinctive strengths and weaknesses – genuine personalities with a bold, wholehearted approach who will not be deterred by the odd headwind. After all, it's only by trying out new ideas and learning from them that we can move forward both as individuals and as a company. We place this confidence in all our employees and this is precisely what makes working for Helvetia so special. Our take on this: &Go.Find out more
Working for Helvetia means: &Go.
You'll work here
What distinguishes us
Helvetia's occupational health management fit@helvetia is committed to the health and satisfaction of its employees. Helvetia was awarded the "Friendly Work Space" label for this commitment in December 2016.
What employees and applicants say about us
Top-100 Employer 2018
Helvetia remains one of the top 100 employers in Switzerland. Universum surveyed 11,000 students from the 70 leading universities.
«We pay fair»-award
Helvetia's wages as at 31 December 2017 appear to comply with the principle of "equal pay for work of equal value" enshrined in the Federal Constitution.
Top Employer 2021
We are certified as a Top Employer company that offers outstanding employee conditions. We face the demanding audit of the Top Employer Institute every year.
Best Recruiters 2020
We aim to provide a consistently positive recruiting process. In 2020, we were once again awarded first place in the Best Recruiter Awards for our recruiting experience.