Pricing Actuary Non-Life (all gender) / part-time or full-time
Specialty Lines CH & International
For other companies, it's merely lip service. For us, it is a guiding principle: &Go. It stands for the trust we place in our employees and their abilities. Because we believe that shared success is only possible when everyone is given the scope they need to let their talents unfold in the best possible way. The best way not only for your personal development, but for the development of the company as a whole. We look forward to receiving your application.
- This role is expected to build, refine and improve existing pricing models to support underwriting initiatives and product development using actuarial and data science techniques
- Develop pricing tools for testing purposes (e.g. in Excel) and produce specifications for their implementation in Underwriting IT systems
- Lead the innovation and efficiency efforts related to tools and analysis in support of Underwriting's pricing decisions with respect to large accounts as well as portfolio price adequacy analyses
- Create and deliver actuarial presentations to all levels of management as required
- Degree in actuarial science, finance, mathematics or related field
- Qualified or nearly qualified actuary with 2 - 5 years' experience in insurance/reinsurance pricing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good level of proficiency with tools like SAS, R, Python, EMBLEM, Radar, SQL Server, MS Office VBA
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
- High customer orientation, providing strong customer service to stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small team
What we offer
Take the first step now by applying online. We only consider direct applications and kindly ask recruiting agencies not to send us candidates.
For this position we cannot consider applications through recruitment agencies.
Do you already know your future boss?
Head of Pricing - Specialty Lines CH & International
Working at Helvetia
At Helvetia we look for people with distinctive strengths and weaknesses – genuine personalities with a bold, wholehearted approach who will not be deterred by the odd headwind. After all, it's only by trying out new ideas and learning from them that we can move forward both as individuals and as a company. We place this confidence in all our employees and this is precisely what makes working for Helvetia so special. Our take on this: &Go.Find out more
Working for Helvetia means: &Go.
You'll work here
What distinguishes us
Helvetia's occupational health management fit@helvetia is committed to the health and satisfaction of its employees. Helvetia was awarded the "Friendly Work Space" label for this commitment in December 2016.
What employees and applicants say about us
Top-100 Employer 2018
Helvetia remains one of the top 100 employers in Switzerland. Universum surveyed 11,000 students from the 70 leading universities.
«We pay fair»-award
Helvetia's wages as at 31 December 2017 appear to comply with the principle of "equal pay for work of equal value" enshrined in the Federal Constitution.