Reinsurance Accountant (all gender), Full-time or part-time
Specialty Lines CH & International
For other companies, it's merely lip service. For us, it is a guiding principle: &Go. It stands for the trust we place in our employees and their abilities. Because we believe that shared success is only possible when everyone is given the scope they need to let their talents unfold in the best possible way. The best way not only for your personal development, but for the development of the company as a whole. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Responsible for the reinsurance accounting of the passive reinsurance arrangements
- Prepare reinsurance statement of accounts, process billing and collection, and maintain correspondence with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial closings for reinsurance accounts and Management Reportings
- Support the further development of the passive reinsurance accounting (processes, controls, and reportings)
- Prepare input for strategic planning, forcasts, and analysis of the passive reinsurance
- Co-work on IT system updates, ongoing initiatives regarding passive reinsurance
- Schedule: 80% - 100%
- Possibility to work on assigned days from Zurich Stettbach (after successful training period)
- Relevant education and proven track record in (passive) reinsurance, with focus on accounting and reporting
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, ideally knowledge of SAP FSRI, SAP FSCD
- Skills with data analysis tools in order to further develop efficient data processing, data analysis, and reporting
- High level of analytic skills and financial/accounting acumen in approach and execution to apply to reporting and other business issues
- High proficiency in German and English is required
- Ability to develop stable partnerships within and across departmental boundaries and cooperate to meet common goals
- Changes of perspective, questions and active listening help you to recognize client needs and harmonies them with company objectives
- Willingness to drive forward the development in the field of reinsurance accounting
What we offer
Take the first step now by applying online. We only consider direct applications and kindly ask recruiting agencies not to send us candidates.
For this position we cannot consider applications through recruitment agencies.
Do you already know your future boss?
Head Risk Management & Reinsurance "Specialty Lines Schweiz/International"
Working at Helvetia
At Helvetia we look for people with distinctive strengths and weaknesses – genuine personalities with a bold, wholehearted approach who will not be deterred by the odd headwind. After all, it's only by trying out new ideas and learning from them that we can move forward both as individuals and as a company. We place this confidence in all our employees and this is precisely what makes working for Helvetia so special. Our take on this: &Go.Find out more
Working for Helvetia means: &Go.
You'll work here
What distinguishes us
Helvetia's occupational health management fit@helvetia is committed to the health and satisfaction of its employees. Helvetia was awarded the "Friendly Work Space" label for this commitment in December 2016.
What employees and applicants say about us
Top-100 Employer 2018
Helvetia remains one of the top 100 employers in Switzerland. Universum surveyed 11,000 students from the 70 leading universities.
«We pay fair»-award
Helvetia's wages as at 31 December 2017 appear to comply with the principle of "equal pay for work of equal value" enshrined in the Federal Constitution.