Senior Underwriter Power (f/m/d), Full-Time or Part-Time
Specialty Lines Engineering Large & Special Risks
For other companies, it's merely lip service. For us, it is a guiding principle: &Go. It stands for the trust we place in our employees and their abilities. Because we believe that shared success is only possible when everyone is given the scope they need to let their talents unfold in the best possible way. The best way not only for your personal development, but for the development of the company as a whole. We look forward to receiving your application.
For our Power Underwriting team we are looking for you as an experienced and motivated Power Underwriter. The world is undergoing an exciting Energy transition and as an Underwriter within our team you will have the opportunity to be a part of this change and work with a huge variety of new and emerging technologies across the globe.
Come and join our highly proficient and motivated Power team in Zurich!
- Underwrite Power accounts and steer the portfolio according to Helvetia Group Underwriting Directives and Guidelines
- Negotiate terms and conditions with brokers and clients with a clear focus on profitability
- Build an extensive knowledge of the Power broker network
- Evaluate technical risks in addition to Natural Catastrophe Exposures and complex Business Interruption exposure.
- Determine exposures, normal loss expectancies, maximum possible loss Scenario.
- Attend national and international client and broker meetings as well as site inspections where necessary
- Close cooperation with our claims department for large and complex claims
- University degree preferably in engineering (ETH/FH)
- Extensive experience in power underwriting, or proven track record of providing or managing technical services to the power sector
- You have strong business acumen and are well informed of the power markets you operate in
- Proficiency in English, German knowledge is highly preferred. Other language skills are an advantage
- Tackle challenges with passion and demonstrate high expectations of own performance
- Develop stable partnerships across departmental boundaries and cooperate to meet common goals
- Positive, flexible, and team-oriented approach
What we offer
Take the first step now by applying online. We only consider direct applications and kindly ask recruiting agencies not to send us candidates.
For this position we cannot consider applications through recruitment agencies.
Do you already know your future boss?
Head Power Underwriting
Working at Helvetia
At Helvetia we look for people with distinctive strengths and weaknesses – genuine personalities with a bold, wholehearted approach who will not be deterred by the odd headwind. After all, it's only by trying out new ideas and learning from them that we can move forward both as individuals and as a company. We place this confidence in all our employees and this is precisely what makes working for Helvetia so special. Our take on this: &Go.Find out more
Working for Helvetia means: &Go.
You'll work here
What distinguishes us
Helvetia's occupational health management fit@helvetia is committed to the health and satisfaction of its employees. Helvetia was awarded the "Friendly Work Space" label for this commitment in December 2016.
What employees and applicants say about us
Top-100 Employer 2018
Helvetia remains one of the top 100 employers in Switzerland. Universum surveyed 11,000 students from the 70 leading universities.
«We pay fair»-award
Helvetia's wages as at 31 December 2017 appear to comply with the principle of "equal pay for work of equal value" enshrined in the Federal Constitution.
Top Employer 2021
We are certified as a Top Employer company that offers outstanding employee conditions. We face the demanding audit of the Top Employer Institute every year.
Best Recruiters 2020
We aim to provide a consistently positive recruiting process. In 2020, we were once again awarded first place in the Best Recruiter Awards for our recruiting experience.