Underwriter (all gender) Industrial Property and Engineering, Full Time or Part Time
Specialty Lines Engineering Large and Special Risks / Process Industries Team
For other companies, it's merely lip service. For us, it is a guiding principle: &Go. It stands for the trust we place in our employees and their abilities. Because we believe that shared success is only possible when everyone is given the scope they need to let their talents unfold in the best possible way. The best way not only for your personal development, but for the development of the company as a whole. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Underwrite Industrial property and Engineering accounts and build up own portfolio, according to Helvetia Group Underwriting Directives and Guidelines
- Analyze and evaluate risks, both from a technical and insurance standpoint
- Negotiate terms and conditions with brokers and clients
- Develop an extensive knowledge of the broker network with a special focus on the French market
- Attend national and international client and broker meetings (on place and virtually) as well as site visits when necessary
- Close cooperation with our claims department for large and complex claims
- University degree in engineering. A further commercial qualification (e.g. MBA) would be advantageous
- Ideally, you are a Risk Engineer or a Loss Adjuster willing to develop as an Underwriter, or an Underwriter with a few years of experience in Industrial Property
- Strong business acumen, in-depth knowledge of industry processes and insurance industry
- Proficiency in English and French, German language would be advantageous
- You tackle challenges with passion and demonstrate high expectations of your own performance
- You are able to develop stable partnerships across departmental boundaries and cooperate with internal and external stakeholders to meet common goals
- You have a positive, agile and team-oriented approach
What we offer
Take the first step now by applying online. We only consider direct applications and kindly ask recruiting agencies not to send us candidates.
For this position we cannot consider applications through recruitment agencies.
Do you already know your future boss?
Head of Process Industries Underwriting Team
Working at Helvetia
At Helvetia we look for people with distinctive strengths and weaknesses – genuine personalities with a bold, wholehearted approach who will not be deterred by the odd headwind. After all, it's only by trying out new ideas and learning from them that we can move forward both as individuals and as a company. We place this confidence in all our employees and this is precisely what makes working for Helvetia so special. Our take on this: &Go.Find out more
Working for Helvetia means: &Go.
You'll work here
What distinguishes us
Helvetia's occupational health management fit@helvetia is committed to the health and satisfaction of its employees. Helvetia was awarded the "Friendly Work Space" label for this commitment in December 2016.
What employees and applicants say about us
Top-100 Employer 2018
Helvetia remains one of the top 100 employers in Switzerland. Universum surveyed 11,000 students from the 70 leading universities.
«We pay fair»-award
Helvetia's wages as at 31 December 2017 appear to comply with the principle of "equal pay for work of equal value" enshrined in the Federal Constitution.
Top Employer 2021
We are certified as a Top Employer company that offers outstanding employee conditions. We face the demanding audit of the Top Employer Institute every year.
Best Recruiters 2020
We aim to provide a consistently positive recruiting process. In 2020, we were once again awarded first place in the Best Recruiter Awards for our recruiting experience.